California Pet Acupuncture and Wellness, Inc. Offers At Home Veterinary Consulting Services
The services Dr. Mahaney provides are done on a house-call basis and include physical examination, medical records review, provision of medications/dietary supplements/Chinese herbs, laboratory diagnostics (blood, urine, and fecal testing, vaccine antibody titers, etc.), acupuncture (needle/laser), travel health certificates, vaccinations, home environment evaluation, dietary consultation, quality of life assessment, hospice services, euthanasia, and others.
In The Event Of An Emergency
If you are having an emergency with your pet, please call Advanced Critical Care Emergency Speciality Services (ACCESS) at 310-558-6100. ACCESS is located at 9599 Jefferson Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232. Directions can be found by clicking this link.
Common Pet Health Concerns
The following are examples of the pet health concerns Dr. Mahaney addresses during his consultations:
- My dog is having difficulty getting up, walking, and going up/down stairs. Could my dog have arthritis or another condition causing pain?
- My pet has less energy, sleeps more, and exhibits little interest in playing or interacting. What illnesses could cause these conditions?
- My dog gets anti-inflammatory medication to control pain associated with arthritis. Are there supplements or other medications that could benefit my pet’s condition?
- My dog has chronic skin allergies and has been treated with steroids, antihistamines, or antibiotics. What else can I do to manage my dog’s skin condition?
- My pet has less interest in eating its commercial dry food. What could be the cause of this and what can I do improve my pet’s appetite?
- My pet has previously gotten sick post-vaccination and I am concerned about giving further vaccinations. Is another approach available to determine if a vaccination is needed?
- How do I know if my pet is overweight and what can I do to safely promote weight loss?
Initial House Call Consultation (IHCC)
Services provided during the IHCC include full review of your pet’s previous medical history, Western (conventional) and Eastern (Chinese medicine) physical exam, home environment evaluation, whole-food based diet consultation, and comprehensive email summary of your pet’s individualized treatment plan.
Acupuncture treatment (needle, laser, etc.), laboratory testing, dispensation of medications/supplements/Chinese herbs, Dr. Mahaney’s travel (per mile to and from his West Hollywood location), and other services are additional. Approximately two hours is needed for the IHCC.
You will receive a follow up email summary of your pet’s IHCC within 72 hours post-consultation.