This article originally appeared on Embrace Pet Insurance Podcast:Experts talk Pet Insurance
It’s National Pet Insurance month and when you want to learn about all things pet insurance, you go to the experts. We’re still waiting for the day when Laura Bennett is asked to do a TEDtalk on pet insurance, but in the meantime, listen in as she and Dr. Patrick Mahaney answer your questions on everything from top claims to alternative therapies.
Laura shares with us:
- What is the (estimated) number or percentage of pet owners in the U.S. who have insurance for their pets?
- What are Embrace’s top canine and feline health claims?
- What are the main reasons pet owners give for establishing health insurance for their cats and dogs?
- Why should a pet owner get pet insurance (ability to have pet undergo diagnostics, treatment, etc.)?
- Does the typical pet owner keep their pet on Embrace insurance throughout the pet's life?
- Does Embrace cover any pre-existing conditions?
- Does Embrace cover complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), such as acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic, etc.?
And, Dr. Mahaney tells us what veterinarians think about pet insurance and how it has changed over recent years.
Click on the link below to hear the audio:Podcast: Laura Bennett & Dr Patrick Mahaney Pet Insurance 2014
Don’t forget, next month’s topic is Pets and Kids, so don’t forget to post your questions to our Facebook page or in the comments below.- See more at: http://www.embracepetinsurance.com/blog/podcast-experts-talk-on-pet-insurance#sthash.gto6m9pT.dpuf Thank you for reading this article. Your questions and comments are completely welcome (I’ll respond). Please feel free to communicate with me through Twitter (@PatrickMahaney) and follow my adventures in veterinary medicine by liking Patrick Mahaney: Veterinarian Acupuncture Pain Management for Your Pets on Facebook. Copyright of this article (2014) is owned by Dr Patrick Mahaney, Veterinarian and Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist. Republishing any portion of this article must first be authorized by Dr Patrick Mahaney. Requests for republishing must be approved by Dr Patrick Mahaney and received in written format.