The services Dr. Mahaney provides include physical examination, acupuncture (needle/laser), provision of dietary supplements/medications/Chinese herbs, laboratory diagnostics (blood, urine, and fecal testing including vaccine antibody titers), travel health certificates, vaccinations, home environment evaluation, whole-food based diet consultation, quality of life assessment, hospice services, and euthanasia.
Pet Owners– Dr. Mahaney must perform a physical exam on your pet to determine a diagnosis and recommend treatment for your pet. To arrange for Dr. Mahaney to examine your pet, please see the Initial House Call Consultation (IHCC) section below.
Referring Veterinarians– Dr. Mahaney wants to work with you to improve the quality of life of your patients. If you refer a case to Dr. Mahaney, you will receive correspondence via phone and email regarding his recommended treatment plan.
The following are examples of the pet health concerns Dr. Mahaney addresses during his consultations:
- My dog is having difficulty getting up, walking, and going up/down stairs. Could my dog have arthritis or another condition causing pain?
- My pet has less energy, sleeps more, and exhibits little interest in playing or interacting. What illnesses could cause these conditions?
- My dog gets anti-inflammatory medication to control pain associated with arthritis. Are there supplements or other medications that could benefit my pet’s condition?
- My dog has chronic skin allergies and always needs to be medicated with steroids, antihistamines, or antibiotics. What else can I do to manage my dog’s skin condition?
- My pet has less interest in eating its commercial dry food. What could be the cause of this and what can I do improve my pet’s appetite?
- My pet has previously gotten sick post-vaccination and I am concerned about giving further vaccinations. Is another approach available to determine if a vaccination is needed?
- How do I know if my pet is overweight and what can I do to safely promote weight loss?
Initial House Call Consultation (IHCC)
If you are in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and would like to schedule an initial house call consultation (IHCC) for your pet, please send an email with a brief description of your pet’s medical issues to email@example.com.
Dr. Mahaney will respond to your email inquiry within 24 hours to schedule your pet’s consultation.
Services provided during the IHCC include compilation of your pet’s previous medical history, Western (conventional) and Eastern (Chinese medicine) physical exam, home environment evaluation, whole-food based diet consultation, and comprehensive email summary of your pet’s individualized treatment plan.
Acupuncture treatment (needle, laser, etc.), laboratory testing, dispensation of medications/supplements/Chinese herbs, Dr. Mahaney’s travel (per mile to and from his West Hollywood location), and other services are additional. Approximately two hours is needed for the IHCC and the fee is $625.
30-Minute Phone Consultation (30 MPC)
Dr. Mahaney can provide a 30-minute phone consultation (30 MPC) with your veterinarian for $125. Please do not purchase the 30 MPC without first communicating with Dr. Mahaney via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). After Dr. Mahaney has agreed to provide the phone consultation, please press the Buy 30 MPC link below, complete the payment process, and Dr. Mahaney will contact you via email to set up your phone consultation appointment with your veterinarian. After the consultation, your veterinarian will receive a follow up email summary within 48 hours.
To pay a variable amount (as designated by Dr. Mahaney), press the Buy Var Amt link below. Please do not make a payment without having been given the amount by Dr. Mahaney.